discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin

Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin

  • From: kevin <krattai AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin
  • Date: Thu, 13 Jun 2019 09:06:23 -0500

This surprised me at first. I didn't think there was any problem with
namecoin.

I had to look back in some conversations, but I had met someone using
EmerDNS in some Skycoin.net chats and seemed they are happy. Skycoin
devs claim they don't need peering, but I'm trying to advance that
conversation with them, anyhow. I see a need there.

Just to comment on the article listed, sounds more like a problem with
their system vs any problem with OpenNIC. I get that OPs point, but if
anyone can peek into that network using an inproxy, it is nothing to do
with OpenNIC and everything to do with their application of DNS.

Regardless, people will complain. Is there any CA at namecoin that was
originally discussing peering with? If there is an issue and they have
not contacted us to stop peering, I don't see a need to do so.

My 2 cents.

Kevin

https://namecoin.org/2018/09/24/how-centralized-inproxies-make-everyone-less-safe-case-study.html

--