discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNICProject.org; have the whole website as a wiki

Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNICProject.org; have the whole website as a wiki

  • From: "teamcoltra AT gmail.com" <teamcoltra AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNICProject.org; have the whole website as a wiki
  • Date: Sun, 6 Feb 2011 20:01:57 +0000

I like methods of communication that come to me (irc, instant message, mailing lists, etc) if I have to change my current routine just to check messages I will rarely check it.

Travis McCrea
http://www.travismccrea.com
 (206) 552-8728

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 7:12 PM, Hanselka, Alex <alex AT hanselka.name> wrote:
Splitting communication IS a bad idea I feel. After all, I never check the forums and always the list.

On Sun, Feb 6, 2011 at 11:06 AM, Brian Koontz <brian AT pongonova.net> wrote:
On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 12:40:38PM -0600, Hanselka, Alex wrote:
> I think we should keep the same wiki install and all that and I think it
> being the main page these days might even be better. But what do I know :)

Well, it's always been my argument that splitting the channels of
communications between mailing list and forum is a bad deal all
around.  Many check only one or the other...and when queries on the
forum go unanswered (a far more likely scenario that with the mailing
list), that gives OpenNIC a bit of a black eye.

The wiki could be skinned into something unique that (1) doesn't look
like a typical CMS and (2) has everything we need in one place.

But, like you, what do I know :)

 --Brian