discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNICProject.org; have the whole website as a wiki

Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNICProject.org; have the whole website as a wiki

  • From: Larry Brower <larry AT maxqe.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNICProject.org; have the whole website as a wiki
  • Date: Mon, 07 Feb 2011 00:08:02 -0600

On 02/06/2011 09:09 PM, Caleb Langeslag wrote:

> Have you even /administrated/ a phpBB3 installation? Also I have no
> f-ing clue where you're getting the poor security history idea
> from.

Simple, the number of compromised PHPBB installs I have had to fix over
the past 6 years. Perhaps you should use google and see the major
vulnerabilities that they have had? Hell even PHPBB openly admit they
don't have the best security history but you are obviously a fan boy so
won't bother to look it up.

Here's a simple little comparison:
phpBB3: http://secunia.com/advisories/product/17998/?task=advisories

vBulletin 3: http://secunia.com/advisories/product/3212/?task=advisories

Would it not be more appropriate to compare against the CURRENT version
of VB which is version 4? Nice marketing tactic though, next.

Where is your comparison against IPB? I mentioned it also. In the spirit
of full disclosure here is their listing also:

http://secunia.com/advisories/product/27962/

> Also, I don't see what the benefit of a proprietary forum solution
> (vBulletin or IPB) would be. And feel free to prove me wrong by writing
> an extension for either vBulletin or IPB to bridge authentication from a
> Wikka Wakka installation.

I do not see the benefit of even having a forum so we are even.