discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNICProject.org; have the whole website as a wiki

Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNICProject.org; have the whole website as a wiki

  • From: Brian Koontz <brian AT pongonova.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNICProject.org; have the whole website as a wiki
  • Date: Fri, 4 Mar 2011 16:12:41 -0600

On Fri, Mar 04, 2011 at 06:54:36PM -0500, Zach Gibbens wrote:
> Our site is already more static than OpenDNS, and idk why people keep
> comparing us to them, as if we've got to improve someting. I left
> OpenDNS for OpenNIC, due to issues, if you take a look at their site,
> it's a ton of client side scripting (namely javascript) which I
> disable on my setups,

Other than the page editor, the wiki uses no client-side scripting.
All dynamic content is generated on the server. You can read the site
without javascript or cookies enabled (although you'll need the latter
if you want to preserve login sessions).

No need to worry, the wiki isn't going anywhere, and will continue to
be actively maintained. If we have to resort to the "nuclear" option
and lock it down, requiring all subscription requests to be moderated,
then so be it. This can be done in very short order.

--Brian