discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Seized poker domains

Re: [opennic-discuss] Seized poker domains

  • From: Amrit Panesar <apanesar AT 4195tech.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Seized poker domains
  • Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 15:37:32 -0700

On 4/18/2011 1:43 PM, Maximi89 wrote:
> i think the best goal is to have more users and start to being know as
> OpenNIC, not just as an alternative, something more important than
> just an alternative.

I agree with this,
I've said this before, knowledge is power, the more people that know
about us, the better.
> We need to have more machines, specially in South America, if someone,
> a business can help us... a datacenter or anyone who have an static IP...

Perhaps the community should start looking into sponsorships from large
data centers or anything/anyone else for that matter, you would be
surprised how many companies would want to support our initiative.
> What we need to be an important entity?
> just colaboration from the OpenSource community, if them can start to
> use us as the second domain, will help a lot...
> probably from seized domains, because the unique way to win for now is
> "to be used"...
Perhaps, another thing to do, would have support from open source
operating systems, having opennic as one of the default dns (probably
will go along with any sponsored servers we can get across).

On a side note, I have an app for windows (in the works) that modifies
network adapter dns settings for use with opennic. An easy one click,
idiot-proof setup. My main play is for the program to download a list of
ip addresses, and find the fastest server for that particular user,
right now, however, its setting a static server that's in the code, I'm
going to add that feature before releasing it.

2011/4/18 Alex Nordlund <deep.alexander AT gmail.com>
> On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 7:53 PM, Amrit Panesar
> <apanesar AT 4195tech.com> wrote:
> > I am all for protecting seized domains. I'm not a big fan of
> the FBI
> > anyways. We should have a vote for this, sometime in the future.
>
> Why not do it the usual way?
> Launch a new tld, something like .saved?
I plan on launching 2 TLD's, I will be working on charters and whatnot
for both. The TLD's are .sav and .neo. The .sav will be used as Alex
suguested, and .neo is a TLD I've had my mind set on for a while, just
haven't had the stones to pull a vote on it. (You guys are seem quite
intimidating, but are generally pretty relaxed, haha)

Thanks!

--AP