discuss - [opennic-discuss] Extended Outage T2 (66.206.229.101 in Ontario, Canada)

[opennic-discuss] Extended Outage T2 (66.206.229.101 in Ontario, Canada)

  • From: mike <mike AT pikeaero.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Extended Outage T2 (66.206.229.101 in Ontario, Canada)
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 05:03:16 -0400

I am sorry, but it looks as though things are not improving here.

After wide spread service outage in my area yesterday, I have not been
able to get my T2 server to pass the test
http://opennic.oss/test/t2.php?ip_addr=66.206.229.101 again.

It seems to be functioning fine locally, however it appears almost as if
someone up stream is dropping UDP packets with an unusually high frequency.

http://opennic.oss/test/t2.php?ip_addr=66.206.229.101 sometimes tests
okay, and sometimes not, it usually fails with timeouts/server could not
be reached.

In any case, I will make some more calls today and see if I can get to
the bottom of what's going on upstream.

Terribly sorry about this, but it appears as best as I can tell, that
it's out of my hands.

- --Mike