discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] .TLD proposal -> .music

Re: [opennic-discuss] .TLD proposal -> .music

  • From: Alex Hanselka <alex AT hanselka.name>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] .TLD proposal -> .music
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 16:56:57 -0600

The main problem I have with this, is that depending on how things play
out, ICANN (for now at least) will ALWAYS trump us because we have no
way to claim a TLD. Since it is a policy not to create collider TLDs,
we would likely have to remove all our .music domains eventually.

This will only get worse if we don't think of some way to protect our
TLDs.

Anyway, just a thought. Not saying we SHOULDNT do it... just considering
that if the .music people are serious, we will likely lose the TLD in time.