discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] .TLD proposal -> .music

Re: [opennic-discuss] .TLD proposal -> .music

  • From: Maximi89 <maximi89 AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] .TLD proposal -> .music
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 21:31:45 -0300

2012/3/8 Nova King <novaking AT eztv.se>
.music will be going live with icann gltd. Has been verified numerous times...

Actually all the TLDs are english words... so why if we start creatng them in spanish or esperanto?
they could be an alternative...
.musica who will pay for a TLD in spanish? i don't think a guy will pay to get .musica in ICANN space... probably .music but no .musica ... this way we could solve the problem...

and if they start to use ours TLDs, example .music, we simply could update the TLD to .musica or other to maintain the users in our zone... with a simply change, i mean that way if we found a problem we could fix it as soon as we can and publish information about the change or maintain the actual domains for 2 days, but with a page who say:

"All domans with .music has changed to .musica"
or
"the domain has been changed from mydomain.music to mydomain.musica due a problem with other DNS zone" and then redirect automatically after 4 seconds

Just an idea, don't know if that it's possible...

Alex Hanselka <alex AT hanselka.name> wrote:
I understand. The music business is brutal. They see .music as a way to
limit piracy and educate on the evils of piracy.

In any case, I brought the idea up simply because it IS something to be
considered. Not necessarily a dealbreaker but definitely something we
should think about :)

Basically, I am wary of trying to get TLDs that are clearly already
trying for ICANN space. :)

--
Maximiliano Augusto Castañón Araneda
Santiago, Chile