discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] proto-proposal for new TLD: .eq

Re: [opennic-discuss] proto-proposal for new TLD: .eq

  • From: asiekierka <asiekierka AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] proto-proposal for new TLD: .eq
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 15:24:37 +0000 (UTC)

Bersl <bersl2 <at> bersl2.info> writes:

> I propose to create the .eq TLD. Domains under .eq are intended for
> fan sites and works of _My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic_, which is
> currently an active and growing arena of creativity.

As a brony and a former owner of the MyLittleDNS project as well as its
creator,
I approve of the idea. I believe it will not only let us, bronies, have their
own little internet, but also popularize OpenNIC among a strong and creative
community.

As for reasons for creating an .eq TLD, here goes:
- Giving bronies their own little domain zone, seeing as many people hate the
fandom for no particular reason.
- Spawning creative outlets - bronies are a pretty creative community, with
lots
of fan artwork, music, fiction and even animations!
- Popularizing OpenNIC - bronies are a large community accepting of new
ideas,
therefore we may get a lot more users of OpenNIC.
- Being about 20% cooler. Obviously.

I am willing to give my time and my VPS (for hosting things) for this project.

-- asiekierka