discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] proto-proposal for new TLD: .eq

Re: [opennic-discuss] proto-proposal for new TLD: .eq

  • From: Travis McCrea <me AT travismccrea.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] proto-proposal for new TLD: .eq
  • Date: Thu, 8 Mar 2012 07:57:02 -0800

Can you show where you would get your support? This kind of niche group seems
better suited to use a website instead of needing a whole TLD. Also I can't
see this having longevity, memes can last a long time but they all eventually
die out. If we had .ra (Rick Astley) we would all assume that would be a good
popular domain name a couple years ago… but now? not so much.

I only vote to approve domain names that will actually bring users to
OpenNIC, which will have at least 25 registrations, and can show me that
their name will be popular for at least the next five years.

If you can convince me of this points, I will vote yes. Otherwise my vote
right now would be a no.