discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] .TLD proposal -> .music

Re: [opennic-discuss] .TLD proposal -> .music

  • From: Alex Hanselka <alex AT hanselka.name>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] .TLD proposal -> .music
  • Date: Thu, 08 Mar 2012 17:12:22 -0600

Well, we don't need to panic or anything. We have been running for quite
some time and only had one collider (.biz) a long time ago. Also, to
get an ICANN TLD it will cost tens of thousands of dollars and probably
some sort of screening and meetings and whatnot. ICANN has made a very
cost prohibitive TLD system and thus it is fairly unlikely just anyone
will come along and collide our TLDs.

EDIT: Apparently I sent this only to Peter a moment ago... Clearly the
list needs some tweaking :)