discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] User and Domain Management System

Re: [opennic-discuss] User and Domain Management System

  • From: Martin C <martin AT mchomenet.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] User and Domain Management System
  • Date: Fri, 25 May 2012 18:26:42 +1000

Brilliant, do you have rwhois server integration as well, or is this
your own implementation?
No, I do not have one yet, but I am really, really keen to do one. It would be interesting to try at the very least, then I can donate it to opennic as well, if they do not already have previous arrangements (must search through the list history some more).

Of course, it is a given that should an implementation be completed by me, there will definitely be an integration option for my user and domain system.

I had the same Idea of using SQLite for a DB, MySQL is too unreliable
IMO, great choice :)
Well, after using it on and off for ages, the last 4-5 months I've just been going crazy doing a whole lot of C and SQLite3 stuff. No additional service needs to run, it's extremely quick and painless (for me anyway) and can work seamlessly alongside other DB servers should you need it to.

adding/removing/changing records, without the need to write, re-write,
and reload the DNS server.
Ahh, that is an interesting point.

I love the idea of generating some numbers, but unfortunately the idea
of collecting data isn't too popular. I'm still thinking of a way to
satisfy everyone's needs.
Well, it would be a given that any kind of identifying data would be obfuscated first, but I thought some people out there might be interested in which TLDs are quite popular, how there is an increasing number of queries via the opennic system as public awareness grows, that kind of thing.

But hey, it was just an offer. If that is a bit of an awkward point at the moment, then no problem. I haven't started anything yet, just had a few mental points for implementation, but that's all.

Martin.