discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] User and Domain Management System

Re: [opennic-discuss] User and Domain Management System

  • From: "Bjorn Peeters" <bjorn AT bjornpeeters.be>
  • To: <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] User and Domain Management System
  • Date: Tue, 29 May 2012 21:33:30 +0200

First off, hi all :)

I've been following the lists for quite a while now, but never posted.
Been meaning to get some effort (providing a T1 or T2), but haven't gotten around to it yet.

A side note about the confirmation mails: maybe you should check if the username that's being confirmed actually exists?
if i enter confirm.php?username=whateveriwant, it says the username has been registered...

I don't know what kind of checks you have, but it is at the very least bad practice to say a username that hasn't been requested is registered.
at the very worst, you could end up with a hell of a lot of database pollution.
logging in obviously doesnt work as there's no password for the user, and i'm assuming your script checks empty passwords, so that's good :)

Greetings from Belgium,
Bjorn

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht----- From: Peter Green