discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Policy proposal for removal of non-responding T2 servers

Re: [opennic-discuss] Policy proposal for removal of non-responding T2 servers

  • From: David Norman <deekayen AT deekayen.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Policy proposal for removal of non-responding T2 servers
  • Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2012 14:00:59 -0400

When you add a server at manage.ntppool.org, their system will add/remove you
from the pool based on automated polling. If your system goes down even just
a few hours, they pull you from the pool. When you fix the problem, you get
added back in a day or so of successful requests. It's point based - you have
to maintain a certain uptime score within a 2 day window to stay in the pool.
There are no feelings or emotions involved. I like this model very much.