discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] DDOS

Re: [opennic-discuss] DDOS

  • From: Brian Koontz <brian AT opennicproject.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] DDOS
  • Date: Fri, 28 Sep 2012 09:32:54 -0500

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 02:12:08PM +1000, Julian DeMarchi wrote:
> heya--
>
> You might notice a couple of servers playing up at the moment. There are
> reports of a widespread amplification attack against ripe.net.

I've been hit hard myself. This can be a dealbreaker with some
host providers, so we probably need to figure out a way to deal with
this quickly. My ISP is being very tolerant about this, and have been
blocking those IP addresses that Jeff listed in his email. But I'm
sure that patience will wear thin if it continues.

--Brian

--
OpenNIC (the sequel) co-founder and wikimaster
IRC: Freenode.net channel #opennic