discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] DDOS

Re: [opennic-discuss] DDOS

  • From: Brian Koontz <brian AT opennicproject.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] DDOS
  • Date: Sun, 30 Sep 2012 22:34:18 -0500

On Sat, Sep 29, 2012 at 07:36:43PM -0500, woodq11 AT gmail.com wrote:
> Please keep us updated one what's going on and good luck.

As it turns out, there was a DDOS going on. My ISP didn't pick it up
because it was only directed at my host, and apparently didn't impact
anything else downstream to the point where they got any complaints
from other customers. At any rate, the owner blocked all the IPs on
the list Jeff posted here, problem solved.

At one point, I was getting hammered with 3-10Mbps of traffic,
sustained over several hours. It was no wonder I couldn't get a word
in SSH-wise to the server!

--Brian

--
OpenNIC (the sequel) co-founder and wikimaster
IRC: Freenode.net channel #opennic