discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

  • From: nanashiRei <nanashi.rei AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] The website
  • Date: Tue, 04 Dec 2012 16:38:24 +0100

I agree on the offical domain part, sure, that's true, but our
presentational page is .org so that's not relevant here.

At the other part, I'd love to release a bit of my mind onto you, but
look at "Internet". You provider is the most dangerous and evil entity
that even takes money from you!!! Ohh nooooo... sorry can't stay serious
here. Have you not heard about 'law', yet? Go look it up, please. Sure
they can do a few things with this data, but **think** about it please,
why could they need this data while providing a free CDN network? Of
course! Right! They need to know where to put servers and they need to
filter a lot of this from their network, which your are allowed to use
for free, to keep it fast and available. They do filter google, yahoo,
baidoo and all that, not because they want your page to be not found by
it, but to preserve bandwidth in their system. And since beginning of
2012 you can disable this "protection"* entirely and it is disabled
afterwards. *: The Protection is really good btw. i had a host with a
'blog' that was getting DDoS, and as soon as i disabled DNS passthrough
on the subdomain, the attack faded away. It was a matter of 2 hours and
everything was back to normal.

So considering they are free, it's at some point fine if they do collect
data. But saying they are evil because they, maybe, do collect data, is
just your paranoia. Data is being collected everywhere including: Ebay,
amazon, google, msn, icq, your server host, your webhoster, your domain
registrar, your IPS ... there is no end to this big evil scheme! :C

--
David "nanashiRei" Marner
Founder of YaS-Online.net

PGP public key @ http://nanashirei.me/pgp
Commercial contact: nanashi.rei AT senshi.jp