discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

  • From: Dale <dweide9 AT aim.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] The website
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 13:30:53 -0500 (EST)

Great work at the http://www.useopennic.org/ site Travis. We should promote this site, as more avenues of exposure are good.

As far as fund raising from the Kopimist Church, that's a hairy one! Granted, a little money could go a long way in boosting OpenNIC's strength & visibility. But few things affect people as much as money & religion. Both conjure up powerful & sometimes strange behavior.
Trying to hide or minimize this kind of funding would only add to conspiracy theories. It would have to be loud & clear that the two are not connected in any way. That little has ever been contemplated or presented to help fund OpenNIC, hence the reason for utilizing the Kopimist Church's assistance. We could even use it as a means of further financial support. If people felt strange about it, maybe they could put there money where there mouth is!
If this could be worked out to everyone's satisfaction, I think it would be the start of an important new day for OpenNIC. Possibly as big as the slow but wonderful increase of support by engineers across the globe, who have helped OpenNIC become the biggest open DNS project ever.
Dale
http://dweide9.homelinux.net