discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

  • From: Brian Koontz <brian AT opennicproject.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] The website
  • Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2012 10:06:05 -0600

On Tue, Dec 04, 2012 at 09:02:34AM -0500, Aaron J. Angel wrote:

> > I don't want to be disrespectful to Brian, he has been around much longer
> > than I have and has way more experience than me. However, if the barrier
> > to entry on our current wiki system is too great that people are not
> > using it, and switching to mediawi
ki or something would fix that -- we cannot allow one person to have god like
authority.

No offense taken. If you want MW or something else, I will gladly
hand the reins over to someone else and back away. Just keep in mind
that I won't be contributing anything to MW or any other platform, as
WikkaWiki is my "baby" and I'm not about to split my time between this
and something else. Also keep in mind that many scores of hours have
been put into the T2 registration system, backend monitoring of the T2
(thanks Jeff for helping with this arduous task!), etc. Whoever
becomes the new wikimaster will need to reimplement all of this
backend stuff.

Personally, I find MW to be extreme overkill with an incredibly
user-unfriendly UI. But hey, if that's the "flavor of the month" or
whatever, then go run with it. I just won't be running with it.

--Brian

--
OpenNIC (the sequel) co-founder and wikimaster
IRC: Freenode.net channel #opennic