discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

Re: [opennic-discuss] The website

  • From: Quinn Wood <wood.quinn.s AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] The website
  • Date: Fri, 07 Dec 2012 20:31:12 -0600

On 12/04/2012 09:59 AM, Brian Koontz wrote:
The website should simply be the public-facing side of the
wiki.

Don't know how I missed this. I don't want to pick a fight here, but I think that's a very broken train of though with regard to the relationship between a website and a wiki. A website is a public-facing interface between an idea or group and the viewer. Calling it an interface to another interface which provides that functionality is the very definition of duplicated effort.

Now, to be clear, the technical information on the wiki should be authoritative. However, said information should be linked to (at a maximum quoted from) on a website, not presented.

--
Quinn
http://woodquinn.x10.mx