discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] I love how Brian says "OpenNIC activities" like there's something questionable about it

Re: [opennic-discuss] I love how Brian says "OpenNIC activities" like there's something questionable about it

  • From: "Alex M (Coyo)" <coyo AT darkdna.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] I love how Brian says "OpenNIC activities" like there's something questionable about it
  • Date: Sat, 16 Mar 2013 14:29:52 -0500

On 03/16/2013 02:10 PM, Christopher wrote:
So looking at your other email and this one, my only real question is
"How would you suggest starting?" While having our own ISPs would be
kind of cool, that requires a lot of infrastructure. Even to start
with a dial-up ISP you have to have a trunk and a bank of modems and
all that lovely stuff.

I'll go over all of the strategy details if you really want to hear them, but I suspect that much of it will bore you.

However, I do not think saying "Anyone who questions our legitimacy
can do the gene pool a favor and suicide" is a good attitude to have
if you want to be taken seriously.
I do not expect the OpenNIC community to take me seriously, I'm just some kid on the Intertubes. Why listen to me?

However, I am very displeased with this attitude of the existing carriers that OpenNIC is in any way illegitimate. I do not appreciate it, and it is painful to observe this passive attitude from the admins of a project that I admire.