discuss - [opennic-discuss] DoS amp attack today

[opennic-discuss] DoS amp attack today

  • From: Guillaume Parent <gparent AT gparent.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] DoS amp attack today
  • Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2013 21:21:51 -0400

Hey guys,

Got hit by my first semi significant DoS today, about 28 queries per second caused 4 Mbps outbound.

CPU went from 4-6% to 20%. The whole thing went on for about 4-5 hours until I blacklisted the 3 IPs involved.

They requested a massive TXT record that was on a russian server somewhere.

Anyone see something similar?