discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] .free TLD

Re: [opennic-discuss] .free TLD

  • From: Guillaume Parent <gparent AT gparent.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] .free TLD
  • Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2013 10:56:44 -0400

I don't see ICANN stopping their racketeering any time soon, but it's worth asking...

On Mon, Apr 22, 2013 at 10:54 AM, Travis McCrea <me AT travismccrea.com> wrote:
EFF would probably not be the ones to help us protect our "intellectual property", and I don't really like the idea of us trying to defend it anyway. Also since OpenNIC doesn't exist as an organization, it is simply a collaboration amongst individuals, I am not sure we would have much ground anyway.

What we need to do is reach out to ICANN and see if we can come to some form of agreement on accepting other TLDs which infringe on the OpenNIC namespace.