discuss - [opennic-discuss] OpenNic radio

[opennic-discuss] OpenNic radio

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: OpenNIC Discuss <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] OpenNic radio
  • Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2014 16:15:52 -0700
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx4.sourpuss.net 6C5EA2D422

In case anyone is interested, I've been setting up some code for a radio station I run from my server. The web page can be found at http://101.radio.free/ and Javascript is required.

There is a link on the page to listen to the stream (although in my case I had to copy the URL into my media player). The music is generally 70's and 80's classic rock. Feel free to rate the songs, I will eventually try to use that data to affect what is being played. Song requests are played about 6 times per hour, but will not interrupts certain sets (such as when full albums are played).

Anyway, just thought I'd throw it out there in case there's any interest. I'd like to set up the radio.free domain as a starting point to collect all opennic radio stations, so let me know if you have one you might want to add to the list (please give website and stream URL, and let me know if you have a name for it and/or any preference on a three-digit number).