discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNic radio

Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNic radio

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNic radio
  • Date: Thu, 20 Nov 2014 09:03:10 -0700
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx1.sourpuss.net 45FD02D4CE

When I was putting everything together, I never ran across anything that would suggest ices was able to transcode to another format. You are right that it is converting on the fly already, since my media is a wide variety of bitrates and I wanted to provide a consistent playback. If there is a flag in the config files that would push the output as ogg, I have no trouble with that, but I didn't see anything.

I only wish I could also normalize the volume on the fly... there seems to be a wide swing between different tracks, and that always annoyed me.