discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Foundation: Proposal 501(c)(3)

Re: [opennic-discuss] Foundation: Proposal 501(c)(3)

  • From: "Mikhail Elias" <mikhail AT mikhailelias.net>
  • To: "discuss" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Foundation: Proposal 501(c)(3)
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 15:47:18 -0600 (CST)

Its a very stable country economically and politically -- no standing
military, and is rated the 'happiest country in the world'.

I would also consider the Caribbean -- for example, Barbados or Jamaica; the
Cayman Islands in particular is a major offshore banking hub and very stable.

In both cases, travel to/from the USA is easy and inexpensive, and Latin
American and Caribbean countries today are eager to attract business and
develop their IT sector.

I'm currently working in Central America and the Caribbean and would be happy
to help our with the foundation setup process -- I'll be working on sometime
like this for another initiative anyways.