discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Foundation: Proposal 501(c)(3)

Re: [opennic-discuss] Foundation: Proposal 501(c)(3)

  • From: Brian Koontz <brian AT opennicproject.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Foundation: Proposal 501(c)(3)
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 11:04:35 -0700

On Wed, Jan 14, 2015 at 10:27:27PM -0500, Oleg Khovayko wrote:
> Thank you.
>
> Maybe, good idea to separate legal entity and technical sensitive
> information storages, and deploy them under different jurisdiction.

This is exactly how this foundation will be set up. The foundation will
simply be the legal and PR advocate for OpenNIC. There will be no assets
other than the modest donations that we receive that OpenNIC isn't
dependent upon to continue their work.

For matters of convenience, I will probably set this up in the US. I've
looked at other options that members have suggested, and they simply aren't
feasible for us. But again, that hasn't been decided. It's just the
direction I'm leaning.

--Brian