discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Foundation: Proposal 501(c)(3)

Re: [opennic-discuss] Foundation: Proposal 501(c)(3)

  • From: Brian Koontz <brian AT opennicproject.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Foundation: Proposal 501(c)(3)
  • Date: Tue, 20 Jan 2015 14:33:22 -0700

On Tue, Jan 20, 2015 at 01:04:30PM -0600, Quinn Wood wrote:
> On Tuesday, January 20, 2015, Brian Koontz <brian AT opennicproject.org> wrote:
> >
> > This has always been the intent. It's really not up for debate as far as
> > how the Foundation will be structured.
> >
> > Then why the hell was your unilateral structure not part of your proposal?
> Yet another individual's pet project gets incorporated into OpenNIC- and
> even better this one can spend donations! This is why proposals should be
> completely laid out before anyone votes on them. Nothing good will ever
> come out of the way things are handled now, just repeats of this initiative
> of questionable value and mystery cost.

There comes a time were debate needs to give way to action. We've debated
this issue ad nauseum; now it's time for action. The membership has spoken:
They are open to the creation of a foundation, and will leave the details
up to those willing to carry out the task.

There's really nothing nefarious here.

--Brian