discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] .on TLD Proposal

Re: [opennic-discuss] .on TLD Proposal

  • From: Jonah Aragon <jonaharagon AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] .on TLD Proposal
  • Date: Fri, 18 Nov 2016 02:20:58 +0000
  • Archived-at: <https://lists.opennicproject.org/sympa/arcsearch_id/discuss/2016-11/CABpHFPV%2Bx_ggpo3JBLtJtS_En%2B7aSifA2PhOPjcuKOVWHBhgmg%40mail.gmail.com>

Could you try to find that RFC? The only specification I could find mentioned that all ISO 3166-1 codes were to be used as ccTLDs, but I couldn't find anything specifically stating all 2 letter domains were reserved for ccTLDs, regardless of whether or not they a part of that standard.

Additionally, OpenNIC has the .oz domain currently in-use, and seems to peer with New Nations which primarily uses two letter TLDs. As far as I can tell there's no OpenNIC policy prohibiting TLDs like these, since they don't interfere with any domain on ICANN's root DNS servers.