discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Spamhaus blocking Fusl's T2 anycast server IPs

Re: [opennic-discuss] Spamhaus blocking Fusl's T2 anycast server IPs

  • From: spaesani AT mail.com
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Spamhaus blocking Fusl's T2 anycast server IPs
  • Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2016 01:29:41 +0300

How exactly does that prevent someone from accessing a .bit domain?
No links, just a brief explanation.

--
Sent from myMail app for Android

Saturday, 17 December 2016, 02:43PM -05:00 from Theo B <me AT theos.space>:

Hi -

So, on thursday a big conversation took place on IRC about Spamhaus deciding to block Fusl's anycast DNS server IPs because a .bit domain was hosting malware. The conversation never really came to a conclusion, so I wanted to throw out some ideas that we talked about.

Here are some of the options we talked about in IRC:

1. Just ignore Spamhaus and move along(This could be bad because some ISPs block the IPs that Spamhaus blocks)
2. Send them an email explaining what we do, and how we're not responsible for any of the content on .bit.. and then hope they remove it.
3. Drop .bit completely, and tell them that the content is no longer there.

What do you people think about this?

-Theo