discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Spamhaus blocking Fusl's T2 anycast server IPs

Re: [opennic-discuss] Spamhaus blocking Fusl's T2 anycast server IPs

  • From: kevin <krattai AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Spamhaus blocking Fusl's T2 anycast server IPs
  • Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2016 22:16:57 -0600

Just to be clear, spamhaus is blocking ... what? spamhaus doesn't block
anything, unless they've changed their services. They simply report IPs
of questionable activities and those that actually USE spamhaus for
filtering would implement filters accordingly.

Other than actual malware, spam, or bot activities, I could imagine that
spamhaus _might_ flag openNIC IPs under the understanding that _only_
ICANN root servers and DNS are valid, so I would suggest it would be a
very good idea to start a conversation with spamhaus to relay the
legitimate value of openNIC and discuss some future relationship to
ensure they don't simply flag everything openNIC.

Kevin

http://ca.linkedin.com/in/kevinrattai/

https://plus.google.com/+KevinRattai/

https://community.spiceworks.com/people/kevinrattai