discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [VOTING] New TLD .RUS

Re: [opennic-discuss] [VOTING] New TLD .RUS

  • From: Philipp Schafft <lion AT lion.leolix.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [VOTING] New TLD .RUS
  • Date: Tue, 03 Oct 2017 21:25:48 +0000

Good evening,

On Thu, 2017-09-28 at 12:31 +0300, Dmitry S. Nikolaev wrote:
> Sorry, forget to write UTC... My bad :(
>
> *This vote will end at 5 Oct 2017 07:00:0 UTC
> *

My vote is: No.

This is based on the fact that Mr. Nikolaev seems to be strictly against
minorities. Also keeping in mind that OpenNIC itself is a organization
within a minority. I would like to quote this:

On Tue, 2017-09-26 at 16:31 +0300, Dmitry S. Nikolaev wrote:
> Opinion of the majority = opinion of all.

Also I very much dislike the aggressive tone. This is both in my thread
with him (on this list) as well as against people on this list while in
voting. Mr. Nikolaev doesn't seem to understand that not voting and
voting yes or no for ANY reason is part of how democracy works. It's not
important if votes are based on facts or decided by rolling some dice.

I don't see how future interaction with someone who does not understand
those two essential parts would work out.

I think it's rally sad to see this.

With my best regards,

--
Philipp.