discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Gathering opinions on Piwik (Web Analytics)

Re: [opennic-discuss] Gathering opinions on Piwik (Web Analytics)

  • From: Fusl <opennic AT lists.dedilink.eu>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Gathering opinions on Piwik (Web Analytics)
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 17:48:40 +0200

On 2017-10-05 17:38, Al Beano wrote:
> I'd be against using image tracking to track non-JS users.

Same opinion for the same reason given, bots don't immediately crawl images
linked on a specific page. They *do* crawl the images, but at a much later
time which would skew our analytics data. I think that having JS as the only
tracking option is sufficient as some (not all, but some) crawlers execute
Javascript when downloading the page which would result in the Piwik tracking
URL to be loaded.