discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Gathering opinions on Piwik (Web Analytics)

Re: [opennic-discuss] Gathering opinions on Piwik (Web Analytics)

  • From: Rouben <rouben AT rouben.net>
  • To: "discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Gathering opinions on Piwik (Web Analytics)
  • Date: Thu, 5 Oct 2017 22:21:50 -0400

No problem with Piwik, we actually use it at the University of Toronto on a number of high volume sites with no issues.

IMO, if we have no plans to use some of the data unique to Piwik, we should stick to less invasive and easier on the browser visitor stats gathering methods (i.e. web server log based).

On Thu, Oct 5, 2017 at 11:58 Jonah Aragon <jonah AT triplebit.net> wrote:
That’s fair. We might as well not, I suppose we only really need very general data anyways so missing some data because of it would be not a huge deal.

Jonah

Sent from my iPhone