discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] Invalidate previous vote; eliminate other forms of voting

Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] Invalidate previous vote; eliminate other forms of voting

  • From: Amunak <amunak AT amunak.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [PROPOSAL] Invalidate previous vote; eliminate other forms of voting
  • Date: Fri, 3 Aug 2018 16:35:22 +0200

This is still stupid, reactionary and unnecessary.

Like, there's never been a major issue with any kind of voting before, and why'd you ban a decent system just because of one poor implementation?

Also, why do you feel like it's necessary to "nullify" a vote that has not passed anyway?

If anything, there should be a requirement where a *final* vote has to be a yes/no (as in, implement or do not implement), but there should be no restriction on previous discussion or non-final votes. Voting in general is a pretty good mechanism to gauge interest and opinions.