discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] [RECOUNT] Opinions and allegations in proposals

Re: [opennic-discuss] [RECOUNT] Opinions and allegations in proposals

  • From: Philipp Schafft <lion AT lion.leolix.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] [RECOUNT] Opinions and allegations in proposals
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2018 07:00:38 +0000

Good morning,

On Thu, 2018-08-16 at 02:44 -0400, Daniel Quintiliani wrote:
> What the hell do you want of me? Everything is listed and counted, and
> displayed below. I have never heard of an "invalid" vote which was not
> a "write in".

What does you make sure that things you haven't heard about don't exist?

> I counted every vote, yours listed and spelled out entirely,

I'm very happy and grateful that you quoted it. Something you don't have
to do.

Yet you quoted my *vote* under "Write-ins".

> and per the procedures we approved the voting started at 8/9/2018 0030
> UTC and ended at 8/16/2018 0030 UTC, both of which were clearly listed
> in the proposal, and no votes were cast outside that period
> regardless.

I just gave another example of how do do incorrectly. one that was purly
to illustrate my comment.

> If you think breaking the rules we established is "rigging" then you
> clearly have a problem with OpenNIC, not me. How can I get you off my
> ass?

I have both a personal problem as well as a problem in my role(s) with
who tries to remove democracy from OpenNIC.

You have broken the rules several times and have been told so. What is
the result? You try to find new creative ways not not stick to the rules
but work around. "Write-in" is just a new way of not accepting our
votes. Why not just accept votes as they are? It's not your part to
interpret those or to re-categorized them. They are votes, thats it.
period.

I also must say that I feel personally offended by your language. Words
like "trolling" and "ass" are clearly not words of someone who leads a
democratic group such as OpenNIC by providing input in form of proposals
to correct it's direction.

> What do you want?

I want OpenNIC to not demolish it's pillars and legitimacy. And I fight
for it. I do this by protesting and by offering help, explaining the
situation, and talking to people.

I spend my spare time, which I have not much of, to try to make OpenNIC
not forgot what it is and what it stands for.

Why not join me? All of you! Why not stand by what OpenNIC was founded
on, what OpenNIC fought for, what made OpenNIC a respectable project and
a part of world's democratic landscape?

The grass my not be greener here, but it tastes better.

Let's not decay OpenNIC.

With best regards,