discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Status of .neo zone and server

Re: [opennic-discuss] Status of .neo zone and server

  • From: <bongobow AT email.shininet.org>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Status of .neo zone and server
  • Date: Wed, 16 Jan 2019 16:17:21 -0500

On Wed, 2 Jan 2019 09:41:47 -0700
Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net> wrote:

> The .neo TLD is controlled by NS3, which has been offline since
> August. The user Neo has also not been on IRC for a similar period of
> time.  I have this feeling the zone has been abandoned.
>
> So the first question is, does anyone actually use .neo domains?  Is
> there anyone interested in taking over the zone?  If the answer to
> both of those questions is no then we should hold a vote to determine
> if the zone should be dropped from OpenNic.

I am willing to take over and manage the zone, and keep it going as a
'general purpose' tld. I've setup a new t1 to replace neo's.

Whether we wish to keep the TLD is another matter, to be decided as a
community. If that answer is yes, there is infrastructure in place to
take it over. IMO unless there's compelling reason to remove it, might
as well keep it, more options never hurts.

~bongobow