discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin

Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Vote to keep or drop peering with NameCoin
  • Date: Wed, 3 Jul 2019 09:54:04 -0600
  • Dmarc-filter: OpenDMARC Filter v1.3.0 mx5.sourpuss.net AC03F2D4A0

Just to clarify, spamhaus WAS interfering directly with normal server operations.  They blacklisted email servers that happened to also run DNS servers on the same IP address.  It didn't matter if the email service was working perfectly within all current accepted guidelines and had never sent a single spam, that server was still blacklisted for an incidental association with another service that was connected with malware which was completely outside of any control by the DNS operators.  Spamhaus even talks about this process on their website, saying that if they have no way of contacting the person responsible for an offense then they will expand their blacklist to include a whole subnet, and the blacklist an entire ISP, all with the goal of trying to get someone to do their bidding and without any concern for the affects this has on other innocent users.