discuss - [opennic-discuss] Is it time to kill .parody?

[opennic-discuss] Is it time to kill .parody?

  • From: Jeff Taylor <shdwdrgn AT sourpuss.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] Is it time to kill .parody?
  • Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2010 23:46:54 -0700

I just did an inventory of the domains listed under .parody. About half the registered domains are blank - somebody registered them and never came back. The rest of the domains are either incomplete (lacking any A records), or point to nameservers which no longer resolve that domain.

Final analysis - The only domain under .parody that actually points to something is opennic.parody.

I would like to put it up for discussion that this TLD is effectively dead and has no further use within the opennic project. Since I know a lot of people are probably on break during the holidays, I will throw out a reminder on this discussion at the beginning of next week, and depending on the response, we will put it up for vote at a later time.