discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Tier2 naming scheme...

Re: [opennic-discuss] Tier2 naming scheme...

  • From: Bryon Eldridge <barkerjr AT barkerjr.net>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Tier2 naming scheme...
  • Date: Sun, 30 Jan 2011 18:26:25 -0700

> Just keep the ipvX string for all of them.  This will be easier to
> autogenerate anyway, which is on my long list of TODOs.

I would like to see the ipvX to the right of the country-code. That
way, in the future we can make ipv6.dns.opennic.glue provide a list of
only the ipv6 addresses. This will allow for easy customizing the
testing based on version of IP.

If we do ever use the name to provide info to the consumer, it will
make more sense for the consumer to first choose ipv6/ipv4 (based on
which they have native), then the nearest country and state. So, they
select right-to-left in find DNS fashion.