discuss - [opennic-discuss] T1 server setup

[opennic-discuss] T1 server setup

  • From: Dale <dweide9 AT aim.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] T1 server setup
  • Date: Mon, 2 Jan 2012 15:07:45 -0500 (EST)

I sent this e-mail to the dns-operations mailing list (still active?) but
received no reply, so I'm hoping someone here could give a little help:

"The following question has probably been asked a billion times, but I did
not see a FAQ for this list & response is slow on irc. I have a site address
under the .free TLD, am set to use local name servers, & have it slaved in my
default zones. I went through the steps to make my computer a Tier1 server,
but noted that my site (freespeech.free) was not listed in my free.zone file
& it doesn't appear accessible. I imagine there is a step I am missing
(dnskey or static ip?), or did I misstep & don't need to be listed there for
my site to be resolved by others?"

Thanks in advance for the help,

Dale