discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] server setup

Re: [opennic-discuss] server setup

  • From: Amrit Panesar <apanesar AT 4195tech.com>
  • To: "discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org" <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] server setup
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jan 2012 10:03:05 -0800

Your zone looks ok, however your name server record is not a fully qualified
domain name. My recommendation is to use fully qualified domain names for
everything (including replacing the @'s with the FQDN). Also, I'm not
entirely sure if you can have an A record there in your reverse look up file.
Just kinda struck me as odd. Lastly, your serial doesn't appear to be using
an easy to follow convention. Your serial should consist of: yyyymmddrr ; for
example 2012012900 where 00 is the reversion number. Any time you make a
change to your zones, make a note of what day it is. This will help diagnose
any future errors, especially those regarding replication of zones.

And on a side note, I am available to assist via Skype (or other VoIP
services) if needed, feel free to contact me off-list if you are interested.

Good Luck!

--Amrit

Sent from my iPhone