discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC web hosting

Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC web hosting

  • From: Julian DeMarchi <julian AT jdcomputers.com.au>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] OpenNIC web hosting
  • Date: Tue, 07 Feb 2012 08:46:43 +1000

On 02/07/2012 05:49 AM, Hospedaje Web y Servidores Dedicados wrote:

> i dont feel motivated by opennic anymore. but i will continue offering a
> Tier2 server in places is unavailable to others yet. Im working on
> putting my t2 back.

It is uderstandable why people loose motivation. You put in hard work,
and none of your friends can see it on OpenNIC namespace!

This can change, but asking people to use OpenNIC DNS servers. The more
who use our servers, the more users we have to view content. This is of
course how ICANN became the defacto. Imagine if OpenNIC T1 servers were
included in the default bind hints file... This would no longer be the case.

--julian