discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Attention .neo domain holders

Re: [opennic-discuss] Attention .neo domain holders

  • From: Martin C <martin AT mchomenet.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Attention .neo domain holders
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 10:52:21 +1000

> What is the nature of the over-the-wire protocol? Is it XML-, JSON-,
> or YAML-based, since there are already parsers available?
It uses a very simple data format, with the intention of being as simple
and as fast as possible, needing the least amount of third-party
libraries to work. It uses CGI (eg: name=value format) to receive
commands/data as well as (soon!) to send it.

It probably wouldn't be that difficult to convert to XML, which would
use more data to process along the way, but additional protocol formats
are not too high on my priority list at the moment for it.

--
Martin C.