discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] New TLD request

Re: [opennic-discuss] New TLD request

  • From: Quinn Wood <wood.quinn.s AT gmail.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] New TLD request
  • Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2013 14:39:35 -0600

On 02/05/2013 02:32 PM, Asier Garaialde - GipuzkoaShare wrote:
All 676 two-letter combinations will be restricted in openNIC for a
future IANAs use? I see that .ek TLD isn't assigned, reserved or used
and I think that this not may cause any confrontation with IANA.

There's currently one two character TLD in use, .oz.

Watching the home page of teh project, I think openNIC is the better
solution for avoid IANAcentric political decisions. I'm wrong?

No you're correct, but there are certain things folks want to avoid, and having to later choose between not serving ICANN TLDs or dropping pre-existing OpenNIC TLDs is one of them.

Then, finally, after last 2 days messages, we want to ask to openNIC
community: *We can register .EK TLD with openNIC?*

You're free to put it up to a vote, provided you've met the technical requirements for it.

--
Quinn
http://woodquinn.x10.mx