discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] Looking for logs (just the domains) for censorship research

Re: [opennic-discuss] Looking for logs (just the domains) for censorship research

  • From: Calum McAlinden <calum AT mcalinden.me.uk>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] Looking for logs (just the domains) for censorship research
  • Date: Mon, 3 Mar 2014 18:19:48 +0000

On 3 March 2014 16:26, Guillaume Parent <gparent AT gparent.org> wrote:
> What you should do is tell us how to generate hashed lists so that we never
> have to give you logs in the first place.
>
> I assume most operators willing to give you this data would only do it with
> a strong one way hash pre-applied (such as SHA512)

From what I understand, the individual wants to find out which
particular domains are on the list of hashes provided to the ISPs by
whichever government. He needs large lists of non-hashed domains to
hash and compare with the blocked lists; a matching hash will indicate
that particular domain being blocked by the government. Is this
correct? Sorry, I am unable to help as I do not operate any public DNS
servers.

--
Calum McAlinden
http://www.mcalinden.me.uk