discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] .on TLD Proposal

Re: [opennic-discuss] .on TLD Proposal

  • From: Tim Groeneveld <tim AT timg.ws>
  • To: <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] .on TLD Proposal
  • Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2016 12:55:32 +1100
  • Archived-at: <https://lists.opennicproject.org/sympa/arcsearch_id/discuss/2016-11/1587a4bb64d.ff1d9e1e20328.9029792886226837855%40timg.ws>

I wrote an answer about this on stack overflow:

http://stackoverflow.com/a/21872376

Thanks,
Tim

---- On Sat, 19 Nov 2016 10:39:31 +1100 jonaharagon AT gmail.com wrote ----

I personally suspect ICANN just didn't think it was necessary at the time gTLDs were designed, and nowadays single letter domains would be far too valuable to delegate to any company :)

In any case, one letter domains should be fine and I'm going to submit a new proposal for .o soon, as I like that option the best.

Jonah