discuss - [opennic-discuss] DNS selection: trusted DNS

[opennic-discuss] DNS selection: trusted DNS

  • From: spaesani AT mail.com
  • To: discuss <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: [opennic-discuss] DNS selection: trusted DNS
  • Date: Sat, 03 Dec 2016 23:46:36 +0300

Looking at the DNS landscape and the opennic intro and get started / how to page, 3 things stand out.
One is that DNS is mainly a client dependant system.
Two is that most if not all clients are pre configured to use ICANN only rootz DNS
Three is the opennic intro and get started /how to page are lacking sufficient information for users to make an easy choice (no mobile os how to, Windows 10 , possibly more).

I move that we  discuss improving  the last point considering the current capacity and potential  capacity needs of the opennic dns network. Aye?

--
Sent from myMail app for Android