discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] DNS selection: trusted DNS

Re: [opennic-discuss] DNS selection: trusted DNS

  • From: Maiyannah Bishop <maiyannah.bishop AT postactiv.com>
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] DNS selection: trusted DNS
  • Date: Sat, 3 Dec 2016 16:08:40 -0500

I would be more than willing to rewrite or reorganize the main page, I write (about games, mind) for my living, and code for my moonlighting, so I like to flatter myself that I know what I'm doing :)

I'm not actually sure there's someone who has access to the main opennic site around though?

----

By the way, two semi-related points:

1] I think I got a T2 nameserver going per the instructions linked yesterday (well, earlier this morning), but I'm migrating to a new dedicated server and the IP space is going to be changing soon, so I'll test it more thoroughly and advertise it as working once the new IP is assigned and the VM I am running it is in has been migrated.  But I was wondering, how do I get it listed once it is going?

2] I've been in talks with my local ISP to see if they can't include OpenNIC in their default DNS setup, no idea if they'll bite on that, but it would be really neat to see if they could.  Is there an authoratative operator or operators I can refer them to if they want someone?