discuss - Re: [opennic-discuss] A forum

Re: [opennic-discuss] A forum

  • From: spaesani AT mail.com
  • To: discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org <discuss AT lists.opennicproject.org>
  • Subject: Re: [opennic-discuss] A forum
  • Date: Sun, 04 Dec 2016 10:05:34 +0300

I prefer focused mailing lists

--
Sent from myMail app for Android

Sunday, 04 December 2016, 00:23AM -05:00 from Theo Bleier <me AT theos.space>:

A few other people and I were talking about possibly starting an OpenNIC forum instead of using the mail list.

Some possible benefits:

- Being able to look back on conversations easily

- Being able to organize all domain proposals in an easy to browse way

- Much easier for people who are new to OpenNIC to look through

Some possible caveats:

- We'll need active moderators to manage the forum

- Spam could be more of an issue

- We don't know how many people will switch over from the mailing list to use the forum instead.

What we think about this? Do most people want a forum, or are we just going to stay with the mailing list?

-Theo